Front line professionals are increasingly dealing with referrals where problematic sexual behaviour (PSB) in a child or adolescent is a worrying component of the case. These young people are at a fluid and receptive stage in their development and an effective and timely response is critical. Targeted assessment and therapeutic intervention can change behaviours, optimise safeguarding and make a difference to many lives.
Compass and New Ways Safeguarding deliver packages for such children and adolescents in the community that are integrated into their existing environment and work with their individual circumstances. This multi-systemic approach to PSB emphasises the positives in a child’s life, harnesses school, other relevant professionals and parents /carers (as appropriate) and delivers therapeutic packages that are evidenced based and specifically designed to deal with PSB.
- Contact our placements service on 0845 561 0260. We’ll request referral documents and any additional information that might be relevant.
- A response will be given within two working days and an evaluation meeting with the young person will be arranged promptly.
- Any additional information will be sought and inclusion/exclusion criteria reviewed.
- If relevant a professionals meeting will be arranged.
- For suitable, matched placements the Service Level Agreement will be signed.
- All funding arrangements will be put in place.