Our Specialist Placement Service offers bespoke tailored support to children & young people age 11-18 who are:
- gang affiliated or at risk of criminal child exploitation
- vulnerable and falling victim to sexual exploitation and abuse
- or displaying patterns of challenging behaviour or likely to self harm
These placements are currently running in the London region only.
We recognise that supporting a child or young person at risk of CSE or CCE can be uniquely challenging even for highly experienced social care professionals. With the increasing levels of youth violence, reported incidents of gun & knife crimes and concerns surrounding gangs & county lines; it is critical our specialist placements can keep children safe and have the ability to reduce the impact of criminal and sexual exploitation.
We currently provide these specialist placements in the London area, and are working to broaden our area of coverage, these packages will be strengthened by our new partnership with New Ways Safeguarding.
The Service provides
- Supervising Social Workers (SSWs) and foster carers trained in Signs of Safety, an Ofsted recognised practice model approach that enhances core skills/techniques of both carers and practitioners in areas such as “safety planning”; resilience building and ensuring “placement stability”.
- Foster carers specifically trained in supporting children & young people with challenging behaviour who are at risk of CSE/CCE or likely to self harm.
- A “team around the placement” with access to bespoke wrap around provision from two of London’s leading youth charities (Safer London & St Giles Trust); both have strong track records in the prevention of criminal and sexual exploitation of young people and are recognised leaders/innovators in addressing youth violence, county lines and gun & knife crime. Our partner agencies can provide outreach workers offering tailored support to meet the individual needs of children & young people placed with Compass.
- Access to our Carer Ambassadors e.g. experienced trained carers available to provide peer support to specialist placements during the day or via out of hours.
- 48 hour response from a member of our psychology team to provide therapeutic support to carers experiencing difficult/challenging placements.